Delivering operational excellence
- Manage the day-to-day operations across the end-to-end workplace experience
- Responsible for general coordination of the Berlin office
- Manage and oversee all related facility and office services and suppliers and the agreed Service level Agreement including: lease agreements, rent reviews, service charges, business rates, front of house services, security and office access, H&S requirements, VC equipment, arranging external work spaces or other off-site facilities, and any other relevant services as identified.
- Implement systems for planning, scheduling, recording, monitoring, tracking, and controlling maintenance and costs.
- Confirm that property and assets meet firm requirements or make viable recommendations for improvement.
- Build, train and retain an exceptional local front and help desk team
- Liaise with local security and health & safety representatives to ensure the proper safety of on-site employees.
- Oversee the set up and close of an events space for workplace events in location.
- Provide feedback on supplier performance to the WPE Lead, Germany.
- Manage the delivery of local office site projects to plan and timescale and agreed budgets.
- Manages other tasks as delegated by the WPE Lead, Germany, for example any business cases for additional budgets/projects.
- Monitor workplace budget spend, providing updates to the WPE Lead, Germany.
- Manage the implementation of policies and procedures to meet legislative, statutory, and regulatory requirements
- Champion a proactive culture and a commercial mindset, being an example of best practice by engaging with key central and market business stakeholders.
- Support the WPE Lead, Germany to test and implement breakthrough ideas and solutions
- Coordinates facility setup and breakdown of decorations, tables, chairs to prepare facilities for events/ trainings/ workshops/ banquets/ meetings
Managing an exceptional team
- Build, train and retain an exceptional local team of front desk professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication in German and English
- 5+ years Facilities management experience
- Flexible and agile experience working on cross-functional projects
- Pro-active, can-do, entrepreneurial and forward-thinking approach
- Experience in a matrixed organisation leveraging and collaborating with global resources
- Strong organisational and negotiations skills
- Proficiency in dealing with all seniority levels and across different cultures
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical and professional people
- Experience in managing, developing and motivating a team
- Experience in managing third party vendor relationships
- Have an eye for detail meeting high expectations on quality process and output
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.
About the Global WPE team:
The Global Portfolio consists of 32 locations, over 800,000 sq ft, in 16 countries supporting over ~8,000 employees. The team is responsible to provide strategic and operational oversight across all global offices, incl. Facilities Operations, Real Estate Portfolio Management, Design & Construction, Space Planning, HSE and Security Management. The Global WPE team is part of a transition and integration of a global WPE organisation within Adevinta. An exciting and unique journey with lots of opportunities within a challenging and changing environment. WPE culture is based on open and honest communication and respect for other points of view.