We are now looking for a WPE Lead Germany (d/f/m) to oversee the planning, acquisition, construction, projects of a Germany’s facility portfolio and supporting the Global Head of WPE and team.
As the WPE Lead for Germany, this role is responsible for all workplace sites and operations in Germany ensuring they reflect Adevinta's global vision and strategy for an exceptional workplace experience for all Adevintans. This role will proactively partner with the business leadership in Germany and will work closely with other roles in the WPE Leadership team.
Strategy, policies & standards
- Ensure the voice of Germany is reflected in the new workplace experience vision and strategy.
- Responsible for applying global workplace experience strategies and policies in Germany.
- Responsible for tracking, assessing and executing changes to Adevinta's workplace real estate portfolio with guidance from Workplace Experience Strategy & Policy Lead in Germany to leverage opportunities for synergies and to help contribute towards WPE strategy and the wider business strategy (for example, consolidating regional offices).
Delivering operational excellence
- Manage the day-to-day operations across the end-to-end workplace experience (for example, design, settings, services) in Germany in line with the new strategy, and any OKRs set by the Global Head of WPE.
- Manage a team of workplace professionals to support with day-to-day operations across all workplace sites in the region, including, but not limited to: office management, front desk, health & safety, project management, workplace sustainability.
- Responsible for setting and managing WPE budget in Germany, working closely with the Workplace Experience Leadership team (reporting centrally) to track spend and local Procurement help contribute to any local synergy targets.
- Support the WPE Programmes Lead to ensure all integration-related programmes are delivered in Germany on time and on budget.
- Support the Real Estate Lead with the planning and execution of workplace real estate transactions in Germany.
- Once integration is complete (2024 onwards), the WPE Lead for Germany will manage the delivery of all real estate and programme/projects for Germany, working in partnership with the Global Head of WPE, the WPE Strategy & Policy Lead and the WPE Leads for other markets to coordinate any global initiatives.
Engaging with the wider Workplace Experience team & business
- Actively participate in the Workplace Experience leadership team forums, speaking to the local needs and requirements of Germany.
- Ensure that local initiatives and plans are aligned and coordinated across Workplace Experience and other aligned functions; for example any (local market) points of contact for Sustainability, Finance, Procurement, Technology, People & Change.
Managing an exceptional team
- Build, train and retain an exceptional local team of workplace professionals, such as through clear OKRs and development plans.
- Significant experience in workplace/facilities management with experience in managing large scale operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication in German and English
- Remote staff management experience and management of outsourced service providers in a fast-paced, technology focused office environment
- Experience in managing, developing and motivating a team
- Experience in managing third party vendor relationships
- Experience of working across multiple geographies and cultures
- Comfortable working in a challenging and changing environment, rolling with changes, and cutting through complexity; can-do attitude and creative problem solver.
- Experience in delivering local projects and space planning
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.
About the Global WPE team:
The Global Portfolio consists of 32 locations, over 800,000 sq ft, in 16 countries supporting over ~8,000 employees. The team is responsible to provide strategic and operational oversight across all global offices, incl. Facilities Operations, Real Estate Portfolio Management, Design & Construction, Space Planning, HSE and Security Management. The Global WPE team is part of a transition and integration of a global WPE organisation within Adevinta. An exciting and unique journey with lots of opportunities within a challenging and changing environment. WPE culture is based on open and honest communication and respect for other points of view.