We’re looking for a Technical Lead (d/f/m) for our team within the Transactional Business Unit in Berlin. This specific role is in the Private Selling team which guides private users who wish to sell their current vehicle through the insertion process. Our mission is to enable our customers to do the mobility changes they need (buying and selling of vehicles, including concerns on the way like financing and insuring a car) completely online. And to enable more than 40,000 car dealers in Germany, our partners, to compete in this increasingly digitized market by providing them top-in-class tools and processes.
Be the partner for Product in the assessment of requirements regarding feasibility and effort
Translate business requirements into tech requirements
Manage stakeholders inside and outside Tech
Technical leadership in development team (this role does not include people leadership)
Develop and maintain frontend and backend solutions for consumer-facing applications
Own the entire development cycle together with the cross-functional team, from requirements specification over implementation, test automation, quality assurance to deployment and monitoring
Contribute to the team's work with clean, maintainable and testable code and participate as well as lead design and code reviews
Actively contribute to and shape business, culture and ways of working
- Several years (5+) of experience as a frontend and/or backend developer
Expertise in coding
Experience with the React ecosystem in frontend, experience Java and ideally, Spring Boot in backend
Familiarity with A/B testing
Ability to drive test automation both in the frontend and backend, and an understanding that the QA is the responsibility of the entire team
Focus on continuous improvement of your team and understanding of agile development methodologies
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.