For our platform team we are looking for a highly committed Team Lead Platform Capabilities (d/f/m).
As a leader with a passion for people, processes and architecture alike you empower the team to offer best business enablement, lead our functional excellence processes and to steer our technical strategy. The team is the owner of our most crucial central capabilities which enable our business to deliver new products and features.
As people, we are passionate about architecture and technology – but we also have a good sense of fun and enjoy working together to push our company’s limits! So we are looking for a team lead who has the same drive and complements our team.
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of outstanding architects and engineers. You help your team members grow and contribute to the success of the business.
- Together with your team you offer first class support for new products and features by implementing base functionalities in our core capabilities.
- Rethink, Improve and shape our processes around functional excellence to keep our platform health on a high standard
- Be a close partner for Product Teams and their Technical Leads to find pragmatic solutions for our customer needs.
- Actively contribute to and shape our technical strategy, culture and ways of working, through both people management and software development work.
- You have experience in leading senior/principal engineers and you embrace the concept of servant leadership
- You have an engineering background in java or general backend development
- You are a good communicator with the ability to consolidate requirements from multiple stakeholder teams
- Hands-on experience with our tech stack (Java, Kafka, NoSQL, Cloud Native technologies on AWS) is a plus
- Knowledge of architecture and experience in establishing successful company-wide technickalprocesses are a big plus
- Professional English and German skills
- Eligibility to work in the EU
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.