- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested, and scalable code
- Working in a cross functional agile team participating in agile ceremonies and collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Investigate and fix potential issues in operation and data flow of a service-based platform and a customer facing web application
- Provide 1st level technical support for our API partners and Dealer Sales team during a business critical migration project
- Understanding our customers
- Confident background as a software engineer with strong knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems
- Minimum 4+ years working with Java
- Proven knowledge of Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot Framework, and (non-relational) databases (bonus: web technologies like React.js, Node.js).
- Elasticsearch knowledge would be highly beneficial
- Understanding of design, implementation, and operation of distributed microservices and APIs
- Understanding messaging queues (e.g. Kafka or PubSub)
- You thrive working within a team with different skills and diverse backgrounds, you’re also happy to work autonomously when required
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery, and continuous improvements, to have a meaningful impact and make your team successful.
- As a great teammate, you bring in your own opinion based on arguments whilst also bring out the best in others and listening to their points of view.
- You dive into solving problems, in a smart and creative yet simple way - with or without technology
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation package including an annual bonus.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent Benefits which include health insurance for you and your family!
No agencies thanks, we’ve got this one covered.
Note: successful applicants need to have full working rights for Australia.
At Gumtree, Carsguide and Autotrader (GCA) we are on a mission to create Australia’s leading multi-category classifieds marketplace, business and finance community forum, and editorial lifestyle network - reaching more than 1 in 3 Australian adults every month.
This role works as part of a cross- functional, agile team where you’ll have the ability to create new features that engage and delight our customers. This isn’t just any job - it’s a career in a team and place that is committed to supporting your growth, where you will get to know our awesome customers, be supported with training and development and given the guided autonomy to solve problems and create new ways of doing things.