About the team:
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Site Reliability Engineer (d/f/m).
The Adevinta (eBay Kleinanzeigen and mobile.de) SRE Team is responsible for a variety of tasks, like configuration and infrastructure management, provisioning, troubleshooting and issue analysis. This includes architectural design and implementation of solution running on top of our Hybrid (GCP and Open Stack) Cloud Infrastructure.
As a Team, we believe in continuous improvement, automation, and creating opportunities through innovation. We are eager to try out new technologies both as part of our daily work and through slack time, hackathons, and innovation initiatives.
- You will focus on finding stable and innovative solutions for new and existing products in close cooperation with the product development groups.
- You will be empowered to take technical decisions and find innovative solutions to help shape the future architecture of our platforms.
- You will contribute keeping our Hybrid Cloud secure, stable and scalable.
- You will help us handling up to 60k request per second while our platform is still growing.
- You will deep dive into technical issues together with other SRE and Software engineers.
- You will be part of our continuous improvement processes.
- You will be responsible for your professional growth leveraging tools and opportunity offered by the wider Adevinta organization.
- B.Sc. in computer science or a related field or relevant professional experience.
- Mastery with Kubernetes based container orchestration solutions.
- Mastery with public or private cloud solutions (such as GCP, AWS or OpenStack).
- Mastery with (at least) one configuration or provisioning management tool (such as Saltstack, Terraform or Puppet).
- Proficiency with cloud computing.
- Proficiency with monitoring and alerting solutions in cloud environments.
- Proficiency with languages like Go or Python.
- Proficiency with Git / GitHub.
- Familiarity with software and/or hardware load balancers.
- Willingness to take paid on call shifts after onboarding time frame.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.