Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to build an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Sr. UX Designer/Product Designer (d/f/m).
About the team:
As Sr. UX Designer / Product Designer (d/f/m) you will join one of our cross-functional teams and iteratively improve our user experience with solutions that address our customer needs while meeting our business goals and technology constraints.
Within your team, which works on some of the core functions of our products, you are the main driver for concept, design, prototyping and validation of ideas with our users. At the same time you are part of the overall UX team and help with the further development of our design system.
- You will help your team across all stages - from the ideation, concept, wireframes, visual designs and testing to development and iteration
- Ensure a simple and fun experience for our users as they move through our platform
- You will work with overarching design patterns to ensure a consistent user and brand experience
- Facilitate ideation and support in user interviews and other research methods
- Contribute in building and refining our design system
- Extensive experience as a UX/UI Designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer or similar role in an agile environment
- You have a keen sense for visually appealing and functional design. Ideally, you have previous experience working within a design system. Even better if you’ve helped build one
- You are strong in concept and interaction design; your biggest strength is in breaking complex systems down into easy-to-use interfaces
- You are enthusiastic about user-centered design and playing an active role in usability tests as well as deriving concrete steps from them is a matter of course for you
- You are comfortable with asking for feedback on your work in its very early stages, to ensure you’re always working towards the most suitable solution
- You are familiar with the latest design patterns, especially on Google’s Material Design and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, yet are not afraid of thinking out-of-the-box when there is a reason to deviate from existing standard methodologies
- Proficient in German and English are a must criteria
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.