Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the TnS team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focusing on building and improving state of the art moderation solutions for our global Classifieds businesses, running on Google Cloud Platform!
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement a data-heavy, multi-tenant Trust and Safety solution which will run on a public cloud.
- Design system layers to support componentized and layered application development, including business functionality and database access.
- Take ownership of the project, work with other engineers, managers, product owners to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs.
- Build a high-performance, scalable, reliable solution consistent with development goals and principles.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver sophisticated changes.
- Identify technical areas for improvement and make business cases for them.
Who you are:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven experience in design, coding and testing of related applications
- Familiarity with microservice design patterns, continuous integration workflows, and continuous delivery concepts
- Strong Software development skills with Java (Kotlin, Web Services etc.). Kotlin knowledge will help you get started even faster
- Experience with large scale systems
- Experience with public cloud
- Experience with Data products is a plus.
- Familiarity with containerization and IaC technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Knowledge of web services ecosystem including: REST, JSON, and HTTP(S)
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.