Do you want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect and share around the world? eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) now part of Adevinta, is an innovative leader in online classifieds with many brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less!
We are seeking a professional to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer IAM.
eCG's Identity-team is part of Global Capabilities, a hub of internal services built for scale. We are experienced engineers who develop systems around Identity and Access Management (IAM) that already power our local platforms in Canada, Germany and Australia. Our mission is creating the only Identity-solution that eCG needs, providing a secure, seamless and trustworthy experience for our platforms and their users. We expect significant growth of onboarded platforms over the coming year.
As a member of our team, you will work on products related to Identity Services (Authentication, Authorization, User Management, Identity verification), using industry standard protocols (OpenID, OAuth, SCIM).
What you’ll do:
As senior engineer in our team you will build and run production-grade services at scale in an agile team. You will partner with experienced engineers and product managers to build the technology that secures our sites and the accounts of our users.
In this role, we expect you to consistently guide architectural decisions of our system, and help to make it more scalable and resilient. You will mentor junior developers in the team by guiding them through architecture and procedures and helping them develop their engineering skills. You will help to continuously improve the development work in all areas from coding and processes, to tools and testing.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in software development with proven experience in a Java environment.
- Deep knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and Distributed Systems.
- You have an analytical approach to understand business needs, and come up with engineering solutions.
- Proven understanding of working in a cloud hosted environment.
- Strong interest in current developments and technologies within the Java community.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery.
- You build it, you run it.
- You are a sharp communicator who can explain complex computing problems in clear and concise language.
- You are comfortable working across functions and teams, sharing your own ideas and showing curiosity for the ideas of others.
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.