We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Senior Product Manager – Marketplace Discovery (d/f/m).
About the team:
You will be joining our Online Car Buying business unit where we strive to ensure that every consumer can realize their individual mobility change online with confidence and trust. As part of this creative and agile business unit, we together have the opportunity to drive mobile.de's strategic ambition to extend its footprint and help consumers and dealers to trade cars fully online!
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager to lead our product discovery efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and evaluating new product opportunities, conducting market research, developing and iterating a Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and working closely with cross-functional teams to bring new products to market.
You will lead product discovery efforts by:
- Identifying potential new product opportunities through market research, customer feedback, and industry trends analysis.
- Evaluating the feasibility, potential impact, and desirability of new product ideas, using techniques such as customer interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Defining and validating the problem statement, value proposition and potential solutions for the new products.
You will conduct market research to:
- Understand customer (dealers and customers) needs, pain points, and desires.
- Identify potential gaps in the market, target segments, and competitors.
- Assess the potential size and growth of the market.
You will also develop and iterate a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) by:
- Defining the MVP based on the validated problem statement, value proposition and potential solutions.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, develop and launch the MVP to a small set of target customers.
- Gather feedback from the MVP launch and iterate on the product based on customer (dealers and consumers) feedback and data.
To achieve your goals you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, operation and sales, to:
- Define and prioritise product roadmaps and feature sets.
- Collaborate on the design, development, and launch of new products.
- Ensure alignment of the product vision and goals with the company's overall strategy
- Communicate product vision and goals to stakeholders and team members, through clear and concise product requirements, roadmaps, and presentations.
- Measure and analyse product performance to enable product improvements
- 3+ years of product management experience with digital products (backend and frontend) in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of or interest in the automotive industry.
- Willingness to work closely with our dealership and consumers for testing and ideation.
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders inside and outside of the organisation
- Strong understanding of product development and product discovery processes
- Experience conducting market research and analyzing customer data
- Ease in speaking in front of large groups and present to demanding individuals and highly skilled engineers.
- Strong results orientation and analytical approach to prioritising business and product opportunities in a new and ambiguous environment.
- Very good skills in using modern communication and collaboration tools (e.g. Google Workspace, Slack, Miro).
- Basic knowledge of analytics and data interpretation tools (Google Analytics, Lookers...).
- Very good English language skills and basic German language skills.
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new.
As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers.
As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.