We are looking for a professional individual to join our highly motivated Data Enablers team as a
(Senior) Java Backend Engineer (d/f/m)
- Full time or part time possible
- hybrid workplace model
- office location: Berlin Charlottenburg & Dreilinden, Brandenburg
We believe in agile, team-defined processes. Together with our Product owner we built outstanding meaningful products. We would like you to be part of that journey with us. Are you a self-starter with a passion for backend, a problem solver and have a keen eye for maintainable and testable code? In this case you will love working with us.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack; performing code reviews and improving build and test systems
- You drive your own ideas for code, process and product improvements and bring in your own perspective on how our users’ problems can be solved
- You ensure quality and maintainability by improving build and test system
- You will mentor others in a relevant field of expertise (and you preferably enjoy it too)
- You are passionate about writing clean code and you have an eye for simplicity and pragmatism. Also, you are getting up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Java and Spring Boot developer
- Understanding of design, implementation, and operation of distributed microservices and APIs
- Preferably having operated microservices in public clouds (e.g. K8s and AWS), with bonus points for experience with distributed systems and event streaming (Kafka) and/or Elasticsearch
- You have used code quality and security tools like Sonarcube & Snyk
- Very good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with Scala is a strong plus
- Front-End experience is a plus
- Experience in Big Data Tools (such as Spark, BigQuery, Redshift) is a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.