We are seeking a new member to join our B2C team as a Fullstack Software Engineer (d/f/m). In the B2C team we build sustainable solutions that empower small business owners to connect with their local customer audience. You will join a diverse family of currently 10 top-notch developers which include all functions from backend through frontend to mobile apps. We deliver high quality engineering at large scale.
Personal development is equally important to us! We will make sure to provide you with the mentoring, coaching, and training resources that you need to further develop your engineering career.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Create the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean way
· Improve our applications and APIs to become better each day
· Drive your own ideas for code and process improvement and achieve the next level together with the team
· Be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA and deployment
· Shape the technological future of one of Germany's busiest websites
· Passion for beautiful code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
· 4+ years of work experience in the field of (frontend) software engineering
· Good knowledge of the React framework, responsive design, semantic markup, front-end architectures, and performance
· Familiarity with Java and the Spring Framework
· Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
· Believer in teamwork and a DevOps mentality
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.