About the team:
The Global Optimization Tool team is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used solution with analytics and decision automation, to deliver content configurations to the multiple platforms we have within the eBay Classifieds Group. Some of our complexities are the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, optimization of the content being shown and global scope as the project is used around the globe.
We run our services through Kubernetes on GCP, and we handle the dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lots of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana) and maintenance as well. This stack is in constant evolution and flux to support growth as well as our own efficiency.
Your role in the team is to develop and maintain the "integration library" as well as our "multi-tenant frontend", working closely with Product and Backend teams. We expect you to drive vision and strategy on the future of our frontend technical stack.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in TypeScript
- Experience in Webpack, React and React Router
- BS/BA level of thinking and cooperation
- 4+ years of work experience in the field of (frontend) software engineering
- Teach others and drive adoption of technology improvements. Good leadership and communication skills.
- Strong preference for candidates with a background/ experience with Advertising Technology
- A can-do attitude (sarcasm is allowed) and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
Nice to have:
- Experience with React Snapshot, integration and unit testing
- Experience with Storybook
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 26 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.