When engineering at this kind of scale and complexity, it is crucial that we can optimise and provide oversight of our use of the cloud. And we have a team called Cloud Governance whose mission is just that. They are a team of skilled and versatile engineers who consult and build tools for visualisation, observability, reporting, automation and governance for cloud use. Our global engineering community of over 1000 developers can use the tools, empowering them to make effective data-driven decisions around cost savings and smart provisioning of the cloud.
- Help define our operational strategy with AWS and Google Cloud.
- Listen to the needs of the Adevinta engineering community and build self-service solutions that scale, evolve and solve real and bottom-line challenges around our use of AWS and GC.
- Undertake forensic analysis and troubleshooting of our tools and services when things go wrong.
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue-green deployments.
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enable the production systems to be monitored 24/7.
- Liaise with procurement and cloud providers to purchase and license technology.
- Extensive experience with Google Cloud and/or AWS
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- Happy to work primarily with Python
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong UNIX background
- The ability to write scripts to diagnose problems (Perl, Python or similar)
- Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar)
- Experience in building systems that scale
- Experience with modern deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef
What you’ll get from us:
Competitive compensation package
A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
Free daily breakfast
26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide flexible hours and remote working options that give you the autonomy and scope to set your own agenda and working patterns. We empower our teams to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of mandating a fixed number of office days.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.