We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Data Engineer (d/f/m) to become part of the mobile.de Data Strategy team.
Our team transforms the way mobile.de works with data by guiding other teams, driving standards and providing easy access to high-quality & unified data for all our colleagues. By joining us you will help drive faster, better decision making and create products that bring more value to our customers. If you are passionate about designing and implementing a state-of-the-art data platform that brings direct value to everyone in our company, you are exactly who we are looking for.
As a team we are passionate about data and technology – but since we spend 8 hours a day together we want to have some fun as well. We take time for regular socializing opportunities to keep up the spirit with activities like regular mood check-ins, game sessions, themed zoom backgrounds and team events. As a result we have a friendly, open team dynamic and enjoy working together to push our company’s limits!
- Empower our data mesh transformation by designing and building a fast-access, future proof cloud-based data mesh solution together with your team’s engineers.
- Build a unified framework integrating heterogeneous user data to fuel our data products - at the end of 2023 we want every analyst and data scientist at mobile.de to use your solution!
- Work in a diverse environment that leverages state-of-the-art cloud-based platforms technologies.
- Collaborate with our data product teams to understand their data needs and how to best meet them.
- Design solutions with a focus on cloud, PaaS, SaaS, and serverless services.
- Build and improve existing microservices.
- Mentor junior developers to grow into seniors and improve analytical skill sets across the organization.
- Be part of and help grow our diverse and multicultural Data Strategy team.
- You have several years of professional experience in designing and building big data solutions.
- You are comfortable working with high-throughput batch and streaming technologies such as Kafka, Spark or similar.
- You consider yourself to be a team player and are open to sharing your knowledge as well as accepting constructive feedback from others.
- You have acquired hands-on experience building a data lake / data mesh and reliably integrating data from different sources.
- You are familiar with at least one of the major cloud platforms, preferably AWS or GCP.
- You are proficient in Scala/Java or Python.
- You are a solid problem-solver with the ability to analyze and break down problems to find creative solutions.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.