The Payments team provides users with intuitive and flexible payment solutions. You will help us discover, test and build new payment features to enable easy trade between our users. You will improve our team’s microservice landscape and develop solutions and systems which will be needed so that we can scale in a sustainable way.
What you’ll do
- Be part of an international work environment with self-organised, and multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams
- Participate in internal interest groups across the company in trending topics like Machine Learning, AI, DevOps, BigData and others
- Work with modern technologies such as Scala, Java, Kotlin, Node.js, Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and more in a fast-evolving Microservices architecture
- Engage in continuous deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
- Collaborate with managers and teammates who can guide and mentor you
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience in backend development (Java/Scala/Kotlin)
- You have strong collaboration skills and ability to influence a multi-functional team to deliver results
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English
- You have experience in high traffic/distributed systems
- You are currently resident of the Netherlands and entitled to work here (EU citizen, in possession of VISA, residence permit etc.)
- You are Product and Experiment focused
- Preferably you have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.