As a Senior Back End software engineer, you’ll be part of the multi-disciplinary Interaction product development team. The Interactions Domain is focused on the contact between buyers and sellers with a special focus on transactional services: facilitating payments between users, shipping and more services, to make safe and smooth deals, and delightful for our users.
Our platform has a microservices based architecture, and you’ll work alongside a Product Manager, an Engineering Manager, Back End Developers, Front End Developers, UX Designers, Architects, Android and iOS Developers, QA Engineers as well as a Product Analyst, and in collaboration with Business Developers, Marketing and Customer Relations.
We work together closely, experimenting often, and failing fast to solve the biggest challenges for our users, for the product and our technology. You’ll not only help us in development, but also in identifying opportunities to improve - in our products or the way we work.
- Key team member in developing and designing new projects Guide and mentor junior and mid-level developers through architecture and procedures as well as help with skills development Improve development across all areas including coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.
- Brainstorm and apply architectural decisions as part of a teamBe responsible for the maintenance and stability of domain backend infrastructure
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- Work with international counterparts across our classifieds group
- Write unit tests which verify the app in a Continuous Delivery process
- Experience in backend development (Java/Scala)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in e-Commerce or high traffic/distributed systems
- Knowhow and experience using Agile methodology
- Passion to build great products
- Product and experiment focussed
- Good collaboration skills and the ability to influence a multi-functional team to deliver results
- Resident in the Netherlands with permission to work here (EU citizen, in possession of VISA, residence permit etc.)
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.