We are now looking for a Receptionist (Workplace Support) (d/f/m) in Adevinta's Berlin workplace. The Workplace Support, Berlin role sits within Adevinta's People & Communications function. This role's primary responsibility is providing front desk, other administrative tasks and supporting the Workplace Manager Berlin and team in Germany. This role will report into the Workplace Manager, Berlin.
Support the Workplace Manager with multiple administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Manage the Berlin reception and you greet and support all guests with a warm welcome
- Support with the booking of office space for meetings and events
- Support with the issuing of visitor badges
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and meets Adevinta standards
- Procure and manage office supplies
- Manage reception communications (for example answering the phone, and any shared mailboxes)
- Accept deliveries and ensure they are sorted and distributed, liasing with the mail room as needed
- Ensure visitors are briefed on any building protocols
- Answering phones, handling company inquiries
- Maintain any office filing systems
- Monthly Health and Safety office inspection-checking and report all hazards to relevant WPE teams
- Support Health and Safety team with H&S activities (such as escalation drills, etc)
- Maintain a friendly and professional service with a strong emphasis on providing the highest levels of customer care
- Significant experience in workplace/facilities management/office environment
- Ability to speak, read and write in English and German
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Strong customer service orientated
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.
About the Global WPE team:
The Global Portfolio consists of 32 locations, over 800,000 sq ft, in 16 countries supporting over ~8,000 employees. The team is responsible to provide strategic and operational oversight across all global offices, incl. Facilities Operations, Real Estate Portfolio Management, Design & Construction, Space Planning, HSE and Security Management. The Global WPE team is part of a transition and integration of a global WPE organisation within Adevinta. An exciting and unique journey with lots of opportunities within a challenging and changing environment. WPE culture is based on open and honest communication and respect for other points of view.