This role is located within the SMB team of Marktplaats and 2dehands. Our team focuses on enabling Small and Medium sized businesses (SMBs) to become successful on our platforms. SMBs are true creators and passionate people who can enrich the lives of buyers with their unique and local products. More than 90,000+ SMBs are currently active and successful on our platforms. The role reports into the head of SMB.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate research to clarify customer journey of our B2C-customers on- and outside of our platform to uncover problems and opportunities for business development
- Continuously identify, and creatively drive validation of innovative solutions and business models for our customers
- Deliver a convincing plan to streamline our portfolio of solutions to meet the needs of (non)proficient SMBs in a way is economically viable for sellers, our platforms and buyers
- Drive identification of (un)addressed needs, overlap and pain points of these segments and our solutions and translate these into propositions
- Structure our current B2C solutions and investigate integration potential and risks by leveraging local and international Adevinta stakeholders, propositions, insights and data
- Build a strong network within the BeNeLux but also in other Adevinta countries
- Be an advocate for customer centric thinking and innovation in everything we do
- Monitor market development, the competitive landscape and identify relevant trends - threats and opportunities
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in multi-stakeholder/matrix environments
- Education: a master’s degree in Innovation/Design thinking, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Communication or an equivalent in working experience.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate effectively with customers, stakeholders, and team members to convey research findings and recommendations.
- Customer empathy: The ability to empathise with customers, understand their perspective, and anticipate their needs.
- Design thinking skills: The ability to think creatively and generate new ideas that address customer needs and differentiate our proposition from competitors
- Business acumen: The ability to understand the business model, financials, and revenue streams, and how they relate to the customer value proposition.
- Analytical Skills: The ability to analyse data and draw insights from various sources, such as customer feedback, surveys, revenue data, and analytics tools.
- Project management: The ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise tasks effectively, ensuring deadlines are met.
You need to be currently resident of the Netherlands and entitled to work here (EU citizen, in possession of VISA, residence permit etc.)
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.
Join our purpose-driven business as a Proposition Manager B2B/B2C in the SMB team, working on one of the most famous and visited platforms in The Netherlands and Belgium. In this role, you will lead the streamlining of our solutions for B2C customers into an overarching proposition for businesses, drive innovation to validate and test solutions for customer needs, and support the strategy and vision for the SMB team.