The Developer Support team is the custodian of accelerating developer productivity and the accompanying developer experience. Through the use of automation, tools, and rapid feedback, we aim to continually increase the efficiency of product development by positively influencing the building, testing and deployment of code.
By joining us as a Platform Support Engineer, you can work at the forefront of engineering and DevOps to make a big impact on our team’s performance - and the products they create.
- Understand developer workflows and help improve their experience through instrumentation, analysis, development and optimisation
- Design, develop, deliver, automate and operate scalable engineering build tools and platforms for a large code base
- Automate and improve development, build, testing and release processes
- Integrate and maintain security tools in the CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborate across platform engineering and product teams to achieve a fast feedback cycle to collect reliable and actionable data on software engineer satisfaction and productivity
- Promote and educate development teams on good engineering practices
- Cultivate and promote a learning environment for your team and other individuals
- Propose and execute initiatives that measurably improve development productivity metrics such as lead time, code deployment frequency, mean time to recovery (MTTR) of applications and change failure rate
- Participate in on-call support, system administration/operations, workflow, and rotation
- Implement and recommend tuning, scaling, and preventive measures for developer platforms and application services
- Experience as a software engineer or DevOps engineer developing SaaS applications
- Strong communication skills and demonstrable ability to clearly communicate ideas and technical concepts
- Working knowledge of Docker containers, Nomad, K8s or equivalent software orchestration and infrastructure tools
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure
- Experience working with Git version control system
- Experience with languages such as Scala, Java, Kotlin, Python, Groovy and Shell scripting
- A creative thinker who enjoys new challenges and appreciates different perspectives
- Undertaking in spirit; willing to experiment bravely and also be able to thrive with little direction
- A team player, we win together and lose together
- Curious, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.