The Finance Operations team supports the finance operations across the organisation in identifying improvement opportunities, works with stakeholders to develop business cases and implementation of plans and acts as escalation point of contact for the BPO.
The Payroll Senior Analyst is accountable for collating the different data sources from the assigned countries and entities and maintaining close communication with the Global Payroll outsource provider, ensuring excellent performance. They will be responsible for reviewing and approving payroll payment files and following-up the end-to-end process ensuring employees are paid on time
What you’ll do
- Collate data from payroll sources other than Workday in order to incorporate all necessary data in the monthly payroll process calculation
- Calculate and validate commission calculations for the different countries and entities assigned, covering a global scope
- Maintain direct communication with the outsourced payroll provider during the month for the salaries process
- Ensure the information provided to BPO provider is accurate and all employees are paid precisely and on time
- Analyse and review payment files before submitting them to banking portals and provide approval to the BPO team
- Supervise tax reports, employer social security and validate them before submitting to the relevant authorities
- Supervise payroll accounting monthly closure
- Perform monthly/quarterly/yearly reports and dashboards for internal reporting and controlling
- Other payroll related tasks coming from the day-to-day work
- Supports and drives transformation for all payroll activities
- Entry level working experience from a similar role within an international company in payroll, HR operations
- Graduate degree and/or applicable Professional accreditation in payroll
- Good understanding of end-to-end payroll process
- Basic knowledge of Benefit structure and taxation implications
- Working understanding of payroll systems, Workday and ERP systems
- Works in a structured and focused way also when approaching new challenges
- Good sense of order and systematic in working routines
- Solution and business oriented
- Deadline oriented, takes ownership and ensures that the work is completed
- Striving for high quality in deliverables
- Constructive, positive and collaborative attitude also when meeting challenges and time pressure
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is essential, while additional languages are an advantage (French and Spanish in particular)
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and moreFlexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.