The AP/Payroll Accountant will be a key part of the Australian finance team as our organisation continues to innovate and grow. Located in Sydney, you will closely partner with many key stakeholders collaborating on new projects with a large scope including an upcoming system transformation.
This is a newly created role to support company growth plans and a phase where the company is moving from an overseas to a local ownership structure. There is an existing team in place which provides payroll and accounts payable support to the business and this position will provide enhanced level of support.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a hands-on mentality who has a proven track record of enhancing business and financial control whilst partnering with various business stakeholders in a changing & agile environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the monthly payroll process with our external provider and our People/HR team to ensure compliance with local regulations and that all payroll related payments are completed on time and accurate.
- Maintain employee related records, process new hires and terminations, ensure the correct payment of entitlements having regard for all relevant awards, agreements and policies, process monthly payrolls accurately and on time.
- Manage monthly payroll deductions; health insurance, HELP, salary sacrifice.
- Support on routine General Ledger activities, such as transaction posting to and reconciling the GL, including liaising with the organisation’s shared services team (currently based offshore)
- Preparation of all payroll related filings (PAYG, FBT, Payroll Tax, Workers Compensation), working with vendors as required. Liaise with the applicable government bodies when necessary.
- Support on ad-hoc tasks such as Termination payments, WEGA reporting, contractor superannuation requirements.
- Respond to employee / stakeholder queries as required relating to payroll.
- Work closely with the local FP&A team for Payroll reporting including headcount tracking and proposing monthly payroll costs and accruals (including PTO and LSL) to ensure completeness & accuracy in our financials.
- Key involvement in establishing payroll processes within a new system
- Complete ownership of the AU Accounts payable function working with our Shared Services team currently located offshore including the flagging of risks and opportunities as they arise.
- Support this business in AP related matters (raising Purchase Orders, Invoice approvals, Vendor Onboarding, Invoice payment queries, T&E expenses) as they arise
- Monitor treasury and cash flow management including assisting with working capital reporting.
- Key involvement in establishing AP processes within a new system
- Support the finance team in reporting timelines to deliver a streamlined month end close process.
- Be critical in challenging existing processes in place and suggest opportunity for improvements.
- In addition to the above, the Role will also support the Finance team in preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations with an initial focus on Payroll and AP related balances to flag and risks/opportunities as they arise.
- Support the Finance team in an upcoming system migration and recommend best practices
Skills, Capability & Experience:
In addition to strong technical finance skills, the successful candidate will have sound business & external stakeholder management capabilities and be a strategic and agile thinker.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a medium-large business environment
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field, for example Business, Accounting, Commerce
- Strong experience in supporting businesses through change in finance practices, including system and process change.
- Relationship building capabilities, at all levels in an organisation.
- Excellent partnering skills providing the capacity to influence and ultimately drive commercial outcomes.
- Proven track record in managing an organisation’s payroll & AP process in conjunction with an outsourced supplier.
- Excellent analytical skills in fast paced environments plus experience in working with large accounting systems (SAP preferred)
- Eager to assume responsibilities and learn new tasks as the business evolves. Ability to work autonomously.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation package including annual bonus.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent Benefits which include health insurance for you and your family!
Gumtree, together with Carsguide and Autotrader, have joined The Market Herald (ASX:TMH) to create Australia’s leading multi-category classifieds marketplace, business and finance community forum, and editorial lifestyle network reaching more than 1 in 3 Australian adults every month.