The Payroll Analyst will support the Payroll Senior Analyst & Payroll Manager in collating the different data sources from the assigned countries and entities, ensuring excellent performance. They will support the review process of payroll payment files and follow-up the end-to-end process ensuring employees are paid on time
- Support collating data from payroll sources other than Workday in order to incorporate all necessary data in the monthly payroll process calculation
- Calculate and validate commission calculations for the different countries and entities assigned, covering a global scope
- Perform sanity checks on the information provided to the BPO provider
- Analyse and review payment files before submitting them to banking portals and provide approval to the BPO team
- Support supervision of tax reports, employer social security and validate them before submitting to the relevant authorities
- Support payroll accounting monthly closure
- Perform monthly/quarterly/yearly reports and dashboards for internal reporting and controlling
- Other payroll related tasks coming from the day-to-day work
- Supports transformation for all payroll activities
- Entry level working experience from a similar role within an international company in payroll, HR operations
- Graduate degree and/or applicable Professional accreditation in payroll
- Basic understanding of end-to-end payroll process
- Basic knowledge of Benefit structure and taxation implications
- Working understanding of payroll systems, Workday and ERP systems
- Works in a structured and focused way also when approaching new challenges
- Good sense of order and systematic in working routines
- Solution and business oriented
- Deadline oriented, takes ownership and ensures that the work is completed
- Striving for high quality in deliverables
- Constructive, positive and collaborative attitude also when meeting challenges and time pressure
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is essential, while additional languages are an advantage (French and Spanish in particular)
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces that reaches hundreds of millions of people each month through our household name brands across 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and Leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
We established our Global Headquarters in Barcelona when Adevinta was created in 2019. Here you’ll find most of our Central Functions teams, although we also have people based in our other main hubs in Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin as well as in our local offices across the globe. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.
Within Finance we act as a trusted business partner protecting, creating, and driving sustainable stakeholder value through one innovative team, while creating a controlled and protected environment with accurate and timely financial information safeguarding the company with integrity, robust compliance and controls.
The Finance Operations team supports the finance operations across the organisation in identifying improvement opportunities, works with stakeholders to develop business cases and implementation of plans and acts as escalation point of contact for the BPO.