The day to day of a Mobile Engineer (iOS) involves:
- Writing swift/objective-c code
- Writing high quality code
- Working with great software engineers collaboratively
- Working within a scrum team
- Designing scalable, modularized & testable software
- Writing technical documentation
- Maintaining & Developing new features following best practices and standards
- MVP/VIPER/MVVM/Architecture Components
- Testing all the things! Testing is a must, especially if you want to avoid those friendly reminders during the code review.
- Mobile development experience using Objective-C | Swift
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership to get things done within your team.
- You prefer to take decisions after listening your peers suggestions
- Mobile development experience using Xcode
- Experience with auto-layout, constraints, and safe area
- Experience with cocoapods
- Experience with REST calls with Alamofire
- Knowledge in iOS guidelines
- You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company such as product/design
- You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers
- You love new challenges and are eager to solve new problems
- Write efficient, maintainable code for mobile platforms
- Analyze and participate in optimizing UI and make suggestions to backend teams with the goal of achieving efficiency and performance
- Ability to write clean, easy-to-read code
- You have an interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, UI, algorithms, optimization, automation, etc.)
- You know how to use version control systems, preferably git and are familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- You have an interest in writing and speaking English (our Engineering Team is in México but our code is in English)
- You are interested in building quality software concerning code and product.
- We expect you to have asynchronous communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers across several locations.
- You know what Clean Code & who Uncle Bob are!
- Communities are important to gather and share knowledge across developers
- Knowledge/interest in learning Android development (Kotlin)
- Knowledge/interest in design patterns, architecture patterns, software design principles (IoC, DI) & SOLID.
- Knowledge/interest in reactive programming (RxJava/ RxSwift)
- Knowledge/interest in dependency injection (Dagger/ Swinject)
- Experience with CI systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, Fastlane)
- Experience with the command line (git)
- Experience with Firebase (remote config, analytics, performance, etc)
- Experience with Git flow (pull request and code review)
- Participation in Open Source projects
- Functional programming
- Participation in Tech events
Segundamano is the leader in online classified ads in Mexico. Our goal is to provide an easy way to buy and sell between private and professional users, and to help sellers increase their business.
Segundamano is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.