About the role:
As part of our growth journey, we are looking for a talented Key Account Manager to join our team in South Australia! This role will interact closely with all departments within the motors team-Dealer sales & Operations across Australia and other supporting ECG departments as required.
The person in this role will be encouraged to build relationships with their peers in other ECG markets to share best practice and key learnings as we drive commercial excellence across the motors organisation, to ensure we deliver value to our internal and external partners.
This role will involve building strong external relationships with customers such as; Key dealership personnel including: Dealer Principals, General Managers, Used car managers, Marketing Managers.
The Key Account Manager role is crucial in ensuring we achieve our vision to become the leading automotive marketplace in Australia, which is very exciting! Our Key Account Managers are responsible for revenue generation through elevating our brands in the market by identifying new sales opportunities within existing and new accounts while providing superior service, pro-active education, insights and ongoing training and support for our customers. This role is based in-market and requires a combination of face-to-face meetings and account management check-ins via phone/video conference.
- Developing and sustaining solid relationships with key clients
- Addressing and resolving key clients’ immediate needs and future plans
- Acting as the main point of contact between key clients and internal teams
- Supervising the account teams assigned to each key client.
- Communicating and collaborating with the advertising, design, marketing and sales teams to ensure that key clients’ needs are met
- Developing a thorough understanding of key clients' needs and requirements and preparing customised solutions
- Negotiating contracts with key clients and meeting established deadlines for the fulfilment of each client's long-term goals
- Prepare impactful and powerful business presentations utilising data and insights. This should include monthly and quarterly reviews for dealers as required
- Maintain strong knowledge of new and existing product offerings as well as new products in the market, industry trends and new developments; understands current competitive conditions within the marketplace.
- Compiling reports on account progress, goals, and forecasts for account teams and stakeholders
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 3 + years proven experience in key account management.
- Proven experience in Sales with a “hunter mindset” & the drive to suceed
- Data driven and proven ability to draw insights & recommendations
- Natural problem solver - takes a structured approach to collecting facts, logically determining the root cause, and identifying the simplest solutions
- Drives collaboration across the team in other states
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team
- The ability to build rapport with key clients
- The ability to handle multiple client accounts
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications as well as CRM software
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation package including an annual bonus.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent Benefits which include health insurance for you and your family!
From the moment you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your employment experience an awesome and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, then apply and send us your CV!
Note: successful applicants need to have full working rights for Australia.
No agencies thanks, we’ve got this one covered!
About the company:
At Gumtree, Carsguide and Autotrader we are on a mission to create Australia’s leading multi-category classifieds marketplace, business and finance community forum, and editorial lifestyle network reaching more than 1 in 3 Australian adults every month. Sounds exciting doesn’t it?