As a test engineer at Adevinta Hungary you’ll be working on constantly improving the quality of our products and making the life of thousands and thousands of Jófogás and Használtautó users better every day. Our teams are divided based on products and product domains and as a member of our test guild you are going to be responsible not just for testing features and validate bugfixes but to ensure that we have a proper test framework, lean test processes and how well these processes are implemented in each team.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn or deepen their knowledge in testing and get familiar with a complex product, the Jófogás marketplace. You will have to work together with engineering managers, tech leads, architect, data personnel, even compliance and GDPR.
Ideally you have some experience in testing and test processes and you are not afraid of the unfamiliar and sometimes surprising things, enjoy diving in and getting your hands dirty in the details, and try your best to find the root cause of submitted bugs or other weird phenomena.
Your tasks will be:
- Participate in manual and automated testing of Jófogás in one of our domain driven teams
- Being an essential part of the SDLC from the birth of an idea through release and then maintenance
- Take an active part in test planning, building test suites and creating test cases
- Support sales, marketing, product and technology colleagues in implementing new features, delivering initiatives and eliminating tech debt
- Provide feedback on documentation completeness
- You must know your way around computers and have some generic experience with information technology
- It would be nice to have some previous experience with writing and executing manual test cases
- Attention to detail, precision
- Flexibility, good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactivity, willingness to learn
- Solid knowledge of the English language
- Experience with test automation tools (we use Saucelabs but any will do the trick)
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- College or university degree in a related field
- ISTQB CTFL Certification
What we offer:
- Salary | annual bonus | non-monetary benefits | lots of fringe benefits.
- Other opportunities within our loyalty program: Edenred Silver Card, English/Hungarian language training and participation in trainings, conferences and workshops.
- What we always have in the office: fruit | coffee | tea | cola | PlayStation | Nintendo Switch | ping-pong | darts | bean-bags.
- Lots of programmes, social responsibility, thematic months, cake days, team building events to boost our spirits during the work week.
- Our team is professional, youthful, energetic and diverse, and we are sure you will find your place, as we are interested in many things.
- We do not have overtime, after work focus on yourself and relax.
- You can expect a well-developed training process, and you will receive continuous feedback on your work.
- We are dog friendly, bring your pet, or play with your colleagues’ pets.
- You can join our board game club, book club or wine club.
Adevinta Hungary is currently being present on the Hungarian e-commerce market with two market leader brands, Jófogás and Használtautó.hu. The latter launched its online magazine, Autónavigátor.hu, with car related content in 2010, and also widened its portfolio in 2019 with its print version, Autónavigátor.hu Magazine.
As an employer, Adevinta Hungary has also been at the forefront, it was chosen in 2018 as the most Loveable Workplace for Gen Y, and in 2019 it was regarded as a Role Model Employer. This year its community building programme received several notable awards in prestigious local HR competitions.