Are you the type of developer that likes to sharpen its tool to be more efficient? Are you an opinion leader in your tech organisation? Are you looking to grow and lead a team of developers?
We are looking for an experienced Backend or DevOps engineer looking to take a leadership role while keeping fingers on the keyboard. The opportunity we are offering is to join and lead the Backend Experience squad inside the Platform tribe of Subito.
She/He would have the responsibility of leading a team of 2 to 3 skilled developers with experience in Backend, DevOps and Cloud technologies, with the mission of making Subito the best place to work for Backend engineers.
Your typical day
- Help with technical decisions, coach and support the career growth of engineers reporting to you.
- Coach engineers to level up their technical and soft skills.
- Plan and scope future projects.
- Be an advocate for your team’s needs.
- Serve as a mentor, holding regular one-on-one meetings with engineers on your team.
- Guide your team’s career development with routine feedback.
- Design and code solutions.
- Coordinate with international teams to share, discuss and build common solutions.
- 0+ years of experience managing high performing agile development teams.
- 5+ years of development experience in Backend or DevOps.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- A quality-first mindset, and demonstrated experience producing high-quality projects.
- Outstanding communication skills, and the willingness to engage proactively with peers.
- Self-motivated, with a drive and capacity to share ideas and generate agreements.
- Driven to build trusting relationships and confidence amongst the engineers and own any effort needed to increase the productivity or success of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully, positively, and in an ego-free fashion with a cross-disciplinary team.
- Professional experience with at least one programming language Go, Python, Ruby, Java.
- Knowledge of design and architectural patterns as well as experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with Agile, XP, DDD methodologies and practices.
- Confidence with relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational (Redis, Cassandra) databases and document store (MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Confidence with Event Driven Architecture and message brokers (Apache Kafka).
- Direct experience with AWS products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours and smart working up to 5 days per week
- € 300 Gift Card for your remote workstation
- Competitive total remuneration
- Work with OKRs goal setting framework
- Personal training budget to attend conferences and events
- Challenging collaboration with global teams
- International career and growth opportunities
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and assets
- Healthcare plan, welfare plan and wellbeing initiatives
- Ticket restaurant (even if you work remotely)
- Break with healthy fruits, beverages and coffee (when you work from the office)
- Relaxing area with ping-pong and foosball, of course…
“Subito is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Subito for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s your story. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We love creating opportunities for others by connecting buyers and sellers from all over Italy. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation – is a source of creativity and enriches us all. Diversity opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively, and diversity helps us adapt to a changing world. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background”
This announcement is addressed to both sexes, pursuant to laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to persons of all ages and nationalities, in accordance with the legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
Subito is the number 1 place for buying and selling in Italy. We were founded in Milan in 2007 and today, in our country, we are stably positioned in the top 10 most-visited online brands in Italy, with 13 million users every month (source: Semrush & E-commerce ranking Casaleggio Associati – Ranking Online sites April 2022)
Our objective has always been to offer an online buying and selling experience which is the simplest, fastest and most secure in Italy. With Subito, everyone: from those making their first transaction to professional sellers and companies, succeed in doing business, and a good deal is often a synonym for a dream being realised. We owe the great results we have achieved to an intuitive and efficient platform and to a wide and high-quality offer, with moderated content for maximum security. And of course, to a tireless team of people who work with a passion for our users.
Subito is part of Adevinta, the multinational organization with successful operations in 13 countries in the field of online marketplaces (websites of classified ads and digital services)