We are looking for an IT Strategy & Corporate transaction manager, to shape BTSP’s (Business Technology Services & Procurement) long-term strategy and develop measures to realise business objectives. You will assess organizational performance, develop IT’s effectiveness and implement processes to build sustainable competitive advantage. You will help drive IT M&A activities across geographies and develop a disciplined, repeatable model that addresses each stage of the M&A lifecycle incl. target selection, investment thesis, value creation, and risk mitigation.
The Strategy, Transformation & Business Partnering product line drives the definition and implementation of the BTS Strategy and manages business partnering between the central, local marketplace, and P&T stakeholders. The following design elements will help to achieve the mission: Internal capability to iteratively adapt strategy, Standardise tech across global & local marketplaces, Flexible resources for project / programme mgmt.
- Support the development of long-term IT organisational strategy and alignment
- Conduct research and analysis of BTSP’s operational effectiveness, incl. technology processes, people and culture
- Support post-merger integration work for BTSP and legacy eBay Classifieds Group
- Assess market trends and competitors, identifying threats and opportunities and presenting findings / recommendations to senior management
- Research market conditions and developments, devising and implementing an IT M&A strategy that capitalises on trends, players and synergy opportunities
- Conduct due diligence where appropriate, modelling investment / divestment opportunities
Who you are
- Extensive experience in IT strategy and IT M&A operations and procedures
- Excellent research and analytical abilities, able to digest large amounts of data, identify key issues and present findings to senior management
- Able to deliver ‘exec-ready’ recommendations (accurate, consistent, polished) output in PPT, Excel and Word that clearly communicates key messages
- Strong competencies in financial modelling, valuation, due diligence and post merger integration
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish credibility across BTSP, Finance and the Business functions
- Technical and business level English is a must
- Have a positive team-player spirit and identifies with Adevinta’s values and brands
This position can be based in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Berlin or Paris as per mutual agreement.
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide flexible hours and remote working options that give you the autonomy and scope to set your own agenda and working patterns. We empower our teams to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of mandating a fixed number of office days.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month across 16 countries.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.