Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds - an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
This is a great opportunity to shape a new, innovative product, and we are looking for you as an iOS Engineer (f/m/d).
What you’ll do:
- Contribute, build, iterate and manage our global eBay Kleinanzeigen mobile iOS application.
- Ensure that code is follows the latest design standards and good practices.
- Push forward our testing strategy including unit and UI tests.
- Partner closely with front-end, back-end, Android and product team members to continuously improve the global iOS app. Keep legacy in check while being pragmatic about solutions.
- Research and prototype new solutions to difficult problems. Provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in iOS development.
- Passion for iOS development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity.
- Proven experience with the iOS platform.
- Good programming skills in Swift and deep knowledge of the iOS SDK.
- Experience with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST and JSON.
- Understanding of design patterns and layered architectures. Experience in unit testing and UI testing. Experience with reactive programming (RxSwift/Combine) and SwiftUI is a plus.
- Backend (Kotlin) or Frontend (React) experience is a big plus to have an impact beyond your core scope and is a fostered opportunity to grow.
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery, and continuous deployment. High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience for the users. Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.