About the programme:
Our brand new Early Careers Programme is designed to help you grow into your perfect position at Adevinta, finding the perfect match between your personal passion and interests and Adevinta business needs.
We do not work with normal job descriptions- or rotations. Our programme is based on gigs, specific short term assignments within different teams/ areas- and projects. You will start off with a variety of gigs that are narrowed down with time, helping you to find a position that you are truly interested in and that is in line with Adevinta’s future talent needs. We will then, in a second step, help you obtain the competencies needed to develop into that role, making sure to intentionally develop you towards your dream position.
What you will do:
As an International Generalist in our Early Careers Programme, you’ll experience different gigs (short term projects) and parts of the business through three to eight months learning loops designed to help you develop a broad understanding of Adevinta, its people, products and marketplaces. You’ll work on challenging projects that have impact across the organisation, develop your professional skills and gain a greater understanding of your career path after the programme.
Potential projects could be in: Finance & Strategy, Product & UX, and People & Comms, among others. You’d be based in our headquarters in Barcelona, working on central projects that impact all our brands - from Kleinanzeigen in Germany to Milanuncios in Spain. Your base will be in Barcelona Spain but we will make sure you get the chance to travel to different locations, getting to know the teams of the projects you are working on.
What do we offer?
- Lifelong learning: We help you discover where your passion lies and will gradually grow you into your dream position, making sure you never stop learning!
- A fantastic team: You will be part of our global Early Careers group and the broader Adevinta Early Careers Network.
- A tailored training and development programme on the job with coaching and regular feedback by your people manager and personal mentor.
- A phenomenal atmosphere based on trust and honesty, a forward-thinking company culture with several social team activities online and offline.
- Two full onboarding months, helping you to holistically understand how all our verticals operate
- Competitive compensation package, remote work and flexible hours and possibility to choose your hardware.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
Who you are:
- You want a career in a fast-moving international organisation where you can make an impact and work and live in different countries
- You are passionate about technology and data driven
- You’re collaborative and work well in a team
- You’re willing to share your ideas and say what you’re thinking with respect for others, their cultures and their work
- You’re curious and ask a lot of questions to deepen your understanding of a situation, subject or tool
- You’re adaptable and excited by the challenges and opportunities that working in a changing environment offers
- You have the ability to work with new and complex information, in a constantly changing environment
- You’re passionate about the impact technology can have on the business and our end users
- You can demonstrate your curiosity and drive through academic achievement, self-study and/or extra-curricular achievements
- You have some ‘real-life’ work experience, gained during an internship, voluntary work or a part-time job
- You can demonstrate your cultural fluency through experiences such as living or working abroad, volunteering for an international organisation or extra-curricular activities
- You speak and write fluently in English. French, Spanish, German or Dutch is a plus.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work.
- Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more
Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide flexible hours and remote working options that give you the autonomy and scope to set your own agenda and working patterns. We empower our teams to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of mandating a fixed number of office days.
Timeline and Recruitment Process:
- As a first step, we will ask you to complete an online assessment.
- If you are successful we will invite you to a short virtual interview to get to know you better (within this first three weeks after completing the online test)
- After a successful interview, we will ask you to record a video of a project you are particularly proud of
- If we like your video, we will invite you to our Virtual Assessment Center days happening on the 5th and 6th of July
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and Leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by Global Teams based in our main Hub in Barcelona and our other global Hubs in Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.