Following a successful merger with eBay Classifieds Group and launch of the new Growing at Scale Strategy, Adevinta is expanding its Communications function to focus on growing our brand profile and reputation while helping to build an integrated company culture.
As part of the Global Internal Communications team, the Internal Communications Manager (d/f/m) will contribute to fostering a common Adevinta culture and alignment across all of the company’s Global and local teams through communications and events which keep all Adevintans informed, engaged and inspired.
The Internal Communications Manager, Germany (d/f/m) is responsible for market-specific communications and campaigns planning, content production & execution for two leading German marketplaces: mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen, embedding the Adevinta brand and culture through those communications.
You will report into the Senior Manager Internal Communications, Marketplaces within the People & Communications function of Adevinta and will have no direct reports. The Internal Communications Manager (d/f/m) role sits within Adevinta’s People & Communications Function. The role is responsible for the delivery of market-specific internal communications and campaigns planning, content production & execution, embedding the Adevinta brand and culture through those communications.
Your key roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the delivery of market-specific communications and events for mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen which keep both local teams informed, engaged and inspired
- Support strategy, content, and execution of major announcements, launches, and internal events for mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen
- Deploy market-specific communications & campaigns planning, content production & execution, channel management, events planning & execution.
- Support the rollout of global policies into Germany, advising on localisation requirements in conjunction with the local people and management teams of both brands - Ensure events and communications are logged in the central Communications Content calendar (coordinated by the Communications CoE) - Ensure coherent planning and timely delivery across internal communications in order to connect the delivery of messaging and events
- Maintain a constructive relationship with the wider Communications teams to ensure consistent and coherent delivery of internal communications to the Internal Adevintan community
- Actively make Communications a great place to work, through contributing ideas, knowledge, success stories and lessons learned to the Communications community
- University degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education or work related experience
- 5+ years' progressively responsible experience in communications or other relevant discipline
- Experience in delivering internal communications and events
- Experienced of working with senior stakeholders and building strong partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and German
- Experienced in managing third party vendor relationships
- Commercially minded, with a sound understanding of business drivers & industry trends
- A keen eye for innovation and innovative solutions to enhance the value add of the Communications function to Adevinta
- A team player - actively contributing to a positive environment, living and breathing our key behaviours and having a heart for Adevinta's brands
- Comfortable working with uncertainty, rolling with changes, and cutting through complexity; can-do attitude and creative problem solver.
- Diplomatic and collaborative, an effective relationship builder, with proven success in managing the demands of multiple stakeholders with integrity
- Analytical skills and the ability to measure and act on results of communications activity in order to continuously improve
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de and ebay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
We established our Global Headquarters in Barcelona when Adevinta was created in 2019. Here you’ll find most of our Central Functions teams, although we also have people based in our other main hubs in Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin as well as in our local offices across the globe.
Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines. Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.