What you’ll do:
- Provide oversight of the Adevinta’s technology landscape, ensuring it’s aligned to operational needs and is cost effective
- Build relationships with key business and technology stakeholders to secure buy-in and engagement
- Define and communicate the architecture vision and roadmap that will deliver strategic business goals and objectives
- Sponsor or shape solutions to ensure alignment with the architecture vision, standards and principles
- Lead Architecture governance and design change control
- Manage the Architecture Organisation and play a key role in architecture talent management
- Help to identify new technologies that enable future business opportunities
- Support the team in identifying and managing technology risk
- Evaluate vendors and technology using an Architecture-team-developed score card
- Define and enforce architecture guidelines and standards
Ways of working:
- Engage with stakeholders and project teams in a collaborative and supportive manner
- Use strong communication skills to translate technology issues and concepts into easy to understand terms
- Use excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with stakeholders and encourage participation in architecture discussions and decision making
- Coach and mentor team members, building their capabilities to solve problems
- Has a mindset of continuous improvement of the overall architectural landscape, as well as design and delivery processes
Who you are:
- Significant experience in shaping and delivering architectural content for technology-enabled transformation programmes
- Strong understanding of emerging and innovative technologies, and how to leverage them for business advantage
- Experience in assessing an organisation's IT landscape and developing technology investment cases and roadmaps that align with business goals
- Experience in defining and implementing an organisation’s Enterprise Architecture function, setting up Architecture Governance & advising on best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more Enterprise Architecture domains such as Application, Data, Infrastructure, Integration or Security Architecture
- Certifications and/or experience of Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Certifications and/or experience of Cloud technologies
- Be a business-focussed, creative, innovative, pragmatic, and positive team player
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual
- Technical and business level English is a must
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide flexible hours and remote working options that give you the autonomy and scope to set your own agenda and working patterns. We empower our teams to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of mandating a fixed number of office days.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
As a digital marketplace business, technology is native to everything we do. Our ‘Business Technology Services’ tribe play a critical part in enabling our vision and is a function that powers our business, accelerates value creation in marketplaces and supports Adevinta’s strategic transformation objectives.