The Group Specialist Accountant will play an important role within the Group Finance Function, with core activities including maintenance of group accounting policies and technical accounting support to ensure IFRS compliance and assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual group financial statements.
- Design, maintain and communication of the accounting policies to be adopted across the Group in accordance with IFRS
- Support consolidation and divisional finance teams on matters of complex group accounting and reporting matters and prepare technical accounting memos to document the group’s financial reporting position
- Maintain group accounting manuals
- Review group financial statements to ensure IFRS compliance
- Provide group accounting inputs to the Group FP&A Team to deliver budgets and forecasts and provide reciprocal support
- Liaise with Group Tax and Treasury teams to share knowledge and resolve issues
- Provide input into the audit process as required
- Work with system teams as appropriate
- Support on a variety of technical accounting projects (e.g. standard updates and implementation of standards / associated projects)
- Moderate finance experience with some financial control experience
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent) qualified accountant
- Experience working with a large, global finance team or professional services firm
- Proven IFRS experience (ideally IFRS 16)
- Experience with group consolidation accounting and systems
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to maintain precise records
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation
- Excellent financial acumen and analytical thinking
- Strong working knowledge of SAP S4 and OneStream capabilities and month end reporting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge & collaborate
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence decision-making among senior stakeholders within a matrixed environment
- Excellent Google suite skills
- Fluent English is essential, while additional languages are an advantage (French and Spanish in particular)
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces that reaches hundreds of millions of people each month through our household name brands across 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and Leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
We established our Global Headquarters in Barcelona when Adevinta was created in 2019. Here you’ll find most of our Central Functions teams, although we also have people based in our other main hubs in Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin as well as in our local offices across the globe. Our local brands are founded on the connections between people, and as an international group we create networks of talented Adevintans who work together towards a common purpose across geographies and disciplines.
Within Finance we act as a trusted business partner protecting, creating, and driving sustainable stakeholder value through one innovative team, while creating a controlled and protected environment with accurate and timely financial information safeguarding the company with integrity, robust compliance and controls.