Our team of Enablers is in charge of supporting the global Product and Tech organisation in engaging and collaborating effectively with our marketplaces. Enablers are the contact point between our products and users and their mission is to understand our marketplaces’ problems and find how to solve them. See our “Team Introduction” video for more info.
As a Global Platform Engineer you’ll work on our Common Platform (a global Platform-as-a-Service built on top of Kubernetes) and interact with our marketplaces to run integrations, identify their needs and challenges. The Common Platform is growing its adoption in Adevinta and supports more than 1,000 deployments a week. Read a migration story in this blog post or watch this technical talk.
What you’ll do?
Contribute to the development of the “Common Platform” using the latest technologies and approaches (e.g. Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Docker, etc.) for running microservices.
Work closely with the engineering and platform teams across different marketplaces to ensure how they can use the Common Platform.
Ensure that issues from users are correctly identified, communicated and arrive into our product development process and the corresponding team’s backlog.
Respond to requests and provide support for our users in the marketplaces.
- Prior knowledge of working on software delivery projects: you have built, designed or managed one.
- Hands-on experience with programming languages such Java, Scala, Python, etc.
- Experience in cloud-based applications (APIs, deployments, scalability, availability, databases, routing, observability tools) and the infrastructure part – AWS knowledge is a huge plus.
- Combination of hard skills (excellent analytical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving aptitude) and soft skills (solid communication skills, building trusted relations with our users and a solutions oriented attitude).
- Competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation.
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus.
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer.
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office.
- "Work from anywhere" weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes.
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc).
- Free daily breakfast.
- 26 days of holiday.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Infojobs, Fotocasa, habitaclia, coches.net and Milanuncios in Spain, marktplaats in The Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.