What you’ll do:
The Global Cyber Security Incident Response Manager will be part of the Global Cyber Security Team. It is the mission of the Global Cyber Security Team to ensure the creation of the worlds Most Trusted Marketplaces. "The effective stewardship and management of consumer data is our licence to operate and priority #1".
The Global Cyber Security Incident Response Manager we are looking for cannot wait to:
- Lead and manage the cyber security incident response team
- Own and continuously improve the cyber security incident response process and have deep understanding of potential security incident sources, technologies and wider CSIRT functions.
- Maintain and accelerate maturity of CSIRT as a global/central function to our employees and customers.
- Raise security awareness in the organisation and translate business and cyber security strategies into tangible roadmaps towards the target state.
- Provide overall direction during execution of the cyber security incident response process, providing advanced analysis and direction.
- Processes all cyber security incidents quickly, accurately and classified, prioritised and escalated appropriately when necessary.
- Provide accurate and regular cyber security incident reports and dashboards to senior management on performance.
- Provide (userboard) feedback loops for local marketplaces on regulatory/compliance requirements and lessons learned.
Who you are:
You recognize yourself to be in line with the following list of qualifications. We will also consider candidates that do not necessarily have all of the qualifications, but have sufficient related experience and talent.
- Minimum 5y of experience in cyber security incident response field as a team lead
- Knowledge of cyber security incident response NIST frameworks and potential sources such as EDR, MDM, DLP, CTI and SIEM, with understanding that root cause analysis consists of people, process, technology and governance components.
- Good knowledge of cyber security processes adoption, lifecycle, governance, audit and risk assessment, IT, service management, and working according to AGILE principles.
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multicultural business environment and experienced in team leadership / management.
- Strong communication skills in English with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with technical staff, and demonstrate to the senior management team.
- You are a team player, have intercultural sensitivity and experience in working with diverse and geographically spread teams.
- Experience in the classifieds industry is a pre.
- Professional certification in Computer Security, Computer Security Incident Response and Management, IT Auditing, CISM, CISSP, CISA, ISO 2700, BS 7799, LEAN, Six Sigma, or an equivalent thereof is a pre.
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.