We are looking for a Fullstack Developer to join our team as a Tech Lead. In this role, you will be part of a cross-functional product development team. Together with your team, you will be responsible for integrating mobile.de's online buying process into a lead management system used by multiple operations teams. As Tech Lead, you will be responsible for the technical excellence of the team. You will work with a team of Product Managers and Team Leads and guide the team to develop the optimal product for our users and operations teams.
- Develop and maintain frontend and backend solutions for consumer-facing applicationsTogether with your cross-functional team, take ownership of the entire development lifecycle, from requirements specification, implementation, test automation and quality assurance to deployment and monitoring
- Partner closely with product and business to find pragmatic solutions to our customers' needs
- Contribute to the team's work with clean, maintainable and testable code and participate as well as lead design and code reviews
- Actively contribute to shaping the business, culture and way of working of the new Transactional business unit
- Think outside of the box and suggest innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Several years of experience as a frontend developer or backend developer
- Several years of experience with modern JS frameworks (React.js or similar technologies)
- You have experience with up-to-date CSS technologies (CSS3, CSSnext)
- Experience with Java/Spring Boot based backend technologies; NodeJS is a plus
- You understand the relevant supporting technologies like Webpack, Express.js
- You can drive test automation both in the frontend and backend
- Agile development methodologies and continuous improvement of your team are your preferred way of working
- You have a pragmatic mindset and a can-do attitude
- Team player able to multitask, work with minimal supervision, and willingness to help team members
- Experience with A/B testing tools (such as Optimizely) and tracking/analytics tooling (Google Analytics and/or backend tracking) is a plus
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.