We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Financial/Business Controller to join the Finance team within FAST, reporting to the Head of Finance. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for overseeing and executing the local accounting function, ensuring the adequate implementation, and safeguarding of accounting policies and procedures, controls, and reporting requirements. This role will require liaising with the central Group controlling team located in Europe.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and coordinate the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting processes in line with Group policies and procedures
- Maintain the accuracy of financial reporting, systems and procedures to comply with IFRS requirements and corporate policies to guarantee the integrity of financial results for Canada
- Own the balance sheet review process, including the flagging risks and opportunities to Head of Finance as they arise
- Support the detailed review and submission of Financial Statements prepared by BPO Partner to Market Finance Lead for sign off
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to review proposed monthly revenue & cost accruals, challenging where necessary to ensure completeness & accuracy of our financials
- Support routine General Ledger activities, such as transaction posting and key account reconciliations including liaising with the BPO Partner
- Partner with external auditors during interim review and year-end audit processes with support from the BPO Partner
- Support the internal control environment & testing across the organisation, communicate exception & performance reports back to the business
- Facilitate the integration of new processes, revenue streams and systems to ensure the mitigation of all potential financial risks
- Work with multiple currencies
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years or equivalent of financial controlling experience in a large business environment
- CPA designation (or equivalent)
- Audit experience within a global accounting firm along with industry experience
- Experience in working with large ERP systems such as SAP S4
- Basic knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent Google suite skills (advanced in Excel/spreadsheets)
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building capabilities at all levels
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We're reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada and one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital sites. We reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping users find and trade goods and services in their communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team and were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.
Kijiji is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 14 countries.