- As Engineering Manager - Software (f/m/d), you will facilitate professional growth of your team, and build a healthy working environment.
- Coach, develop and inspire a team of 5-8 Software Engineers.
- Setting clear expectations and goals in alignment with the overall goals of the team.
- Help shape our processes and ways of working.
- Directly in the team working together with the Team and Tech Leads, or with your peers across the org. We encourage you to contribute to our Communities of Practice, or to take initiative in the continuous improvement process.
- It is important for us that you are part of the team and contribute to hands-on development.
- We write our services mostly with Java, Kotlin and Spring Boot, and our frontends with React. Our data lives in Kafka, MySQL and Cassandra, and we deploy to Kubernetes and Google Cloud.
- You are passionate about developing people of different personalities and skills.
- You have 2+ years of experience in leading, mentoring and coaching team members.
- You share our love for learning, and want to work in an agile environment
- We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- When a conversation is stuck, you find ways to gently move it forward.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration is important to you, and you understand when to push through or seek alignment.
- You have strong engineering skills with a proven track record of delivering high-quality outcomes.
- You know how to design and build effective software, and are familiar with the server- or client-side stack we use.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Additional three months fully-paid parental leave time
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.