What you’ll do
You’ll join an experienced team of passionate Product Designers and Researchers where you’ll be responsible for the continued development and integration of our Design System. As a Product Design & Research team we strive to achieve the ultimate online trading experience for secondhand and new products to fulfil our mission of trading goods in a good way. To achieve this you’ll…
- Expand and maintain our established and growing design system.
- Work with both Product Designers as well as front-end and app developers to build out the Design System and focus on integrating usage of the Design System in our way of working.
- Define and maintain the backlog of tokens, components and patterns.
- Increase the quality of design by incorporating the necessary accessibility and usability standards into the design system.
- Work closely with designers to create or iterate on tokens, components and patterns.
- Support designers and developers in how to make the best usage of the design system to increase work efficiency.
- Share with different audiences the progress and future plans for the design system.
Who you are
- 5+ years of design experience, of which 2+ years in creating and maintaining design systems.
- You are a great communicator and know how to ‘sell’ a Design System by applying storytelling and strong stakeholder management to work with the Product Designers, other departments and or roles to integrate the Design System in our way of working and accelerate our ability to deliver value at speed.
- You understand what good quality design means and are able to define the right principles/requirements like accessibility and usability standards into the design system.
- Able to partner and work with stakeholders from design, development and product.
- Experienced in designing a multi-platform experience for Android, iOS and web.
- You have extensive knowledge of web standards, Apple's HIG and Google's material design guidelines and up to date on current design patterns.
- You are currently entitled to work in the Netherlands (EU citizen or work permit & visa for the Netherlands).
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.