About the team:
As a Data Engineer SQL in the Marketing Technology team, you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focusing on building and improving our state of the art MarTech offerings utilizing Looker, Adobe Marketing Suite and the Google Cloud Platform!
* Work with local and global marketing and monetization teams to design and streamline their campaigns.
* Consult and advise on how to leverage data to improve campaign performance, and make our marketing practices more data driven.
* Build dashboards and data visualizations to show campaign success and identify potential winners.
* Model and present our large datasets in a way that is convenient and easy to understand for non tech people.
* Mentor fellow team members on (new) technology and design.
* Take ownership of project work and develop client relationships.
* Be a confident self-starter!
* Independently plan, design, code, debug and test major features, ensuring bugs are identified early and requirements are delivered.
* Identify technical areas for improvement and make business cases for improvements.
What we are looking for:
For this position the ideal candidate has several years of experience in the MarTech domain, with a focus on data modelling, SQL and creating visualizations.
Desired skills and experience:
* Strong experience with SQL on large datasets, preferably in BigQuery.
* Experience modelling data from a wide range of sources.
* Experience creating visualizations in Looker or Google Data Studio.
* Working experience of Looker is a huge plus.
* Familiarity with the MarTech space is super helpful.
* General DevOps principles and familiarity with tools like Terraform, GitHub and Jenkins.
* Knowledge of Marketing Automation tools like: Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and alike is a big plus
* Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews.
* Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
* Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements.
What you’ll get from us
Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
26 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.