*Understands the needs and pains of our users and customers collaborating with other product teams.
*Proposes data product solution using machine learning.
*Understands in depth the problem to solve, identifies the most appropriate tools and techniques to solve each problem, and evaluates and chooses the optimal solution for that case.
*Data extraction and preprocessing. Cleans and transforms data in order to fit it in a model.
*Constructs, studies and trains algorithms that can learn from complex, high dimensionality data in order to uncover patterns from which practical and usable predictive models and applications can be developed.
*Uses a variety of techniques (e.g., random forests, deep learning, generative modeling, neural network memory) in order to improve the predictive capability of individual natural language processing and/or machine perception algorithms.
*Coordinates and collaborates to launch into production.
*Collaborates with UX & product in the AB Test experimentation in order to validate the value of our data products.
*Collaborates and coordinates with other Product Teams to use and integrate the algorithms in a specific solution for our users and customers in our site.
* Knows or is able to learn how to deploy machine learning models in production.
About the team:As a Data Engineer in the Marketing Technology team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focussing on building and improving our innovative MarTech offerings applying marketing suites and Google Cloud Platform.
* Where no standard components are available, design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable code. Take ownership of project work and develop client relationships. Be a confident self-starter!Independently plan, design, code, debug and test major features, ensuring bugs are identified early and requirements are delivered. Identify technical areas for improvement and make business cases for improvements.
What we are looking for:For this position the ideal candidate has several years of Python experience with a focus on backend and data engineering.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in data engineering using programming languages, preferably Python, Scala, Java or Perl etc.
- Strong understanding of cloud native data intensive architectures and batch&streaming data pipelines.
- Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Apache Beam, preferably Cloud DataFlow
- Highly proficient in implementation and delivery of serverless services, such as Cloud Run, Cloud Functions.
- Understanding of messaging queue technologies like Cloud PubSub, Kafka etc.
- Working experience of Looker is a huge plus.
- Experience with unit testing and test automation frameworks.
- General DevOps principles and familiarity with tools like Terraform, GitHub and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of marketing products such as Adobe Campaign and Audience Manager, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Braze is a plus.
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews.
- Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist with marketplaces in 16 regions. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region. We run on both Android and iOS apps, and on the web.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Data Engineer!