The First Party Advertising technology team (iCAS) is looking for a Backend Engineer to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we have within Adevinta. some of our complexities is the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, handling click-fraud and optimising the listings being shown.
We do this through a technology stack mainly running through Go-lang based microservices, with eventing on Kafka, reporting on Clickhouse and Datastorage on MySQL. We run these services through Nomad on our own private cloud, and we handle the dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lots of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Pagerduty, Grafana) and maintenance as well. Our frontend is based on NodeJS and Knockout. This stack is in constant evolution and flux to support growth as well as our own efficiency
* Up to 10K events per sec per service.
* System handling up to 9000 searches per second.
* Over 10 million live Listings
* Serving the biggest classifieds sites in CA, DE, NL and BE
* End-to-end ownership of the seller's journey, from the shop around the corner to big retail brands
What you’ll do:
Your role in the team is to develop and maintain our microservices backend and infrastructure. Our teams focus on multiple aspects of our product, such as the Seller Experience (API/Frontend/Reporting), Playout (Search, Ranking and Event Processing) and Platform (Data, Security, Compliance, Pipelines).
Who you are:
- Experience (or a deep interest) in Golang
- BS/BA level of thinking and cooperation
- Experience in a distributed, scalable, high-throughput and highly available systems
- Experience with Backend system design, API, Data storage and Networking
- Basic understanding and working proficiency with Linux and Cloud services
- 4+ years of work experience in the field of backend engineering
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques. Good leadership and communication skills.
- Participate in the on-call rotation together with the rest of engineering (we run what we build)
- A can-do attitude (sarcasm is allowed) and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.