In Australia our business encompasses three industry leading brands each known for their respective strengths: Gumtree as Australia’s favourite local marketplace, CarsGuide.com.au as the #1 in automotive editorial and Autotrader.com.au as the #2 in automotive classifieds.
Autotrader is an automotive marketplace where everyone wins. For buyers, Autotrader provides support and guidance to help them make smarter purchase decisions. For dealers and private sellers, we market vehicles more effectively while connecting them directly with buyers. We have a dedicated team based all over Australia supporting the Autotrader business!
This role is crucial in ensuring we achieve our vision to become the leading automotive marketplace in Australia. The Account Manager will be responsible for revenue generation through elevating our brands and verticals (trucks, caravans, motorcycles, boats etc.) by identifying new sales opportunities within existing and prospect accounts while providing superior service, pro-active education, insights and on-going training and support for our customers. This role is office based and requires a combination of account management check-ins via phone/video conference.
A day in the life of…
- Account Management
- Upgrades, Retention & New Business Acquisition
- Strategy, Reporting & Planning
You can fill these boots with…..
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Embraces a digital mindset.
- Excels in customer service and sales excellence.
- Natural problem solver - takes a structured approach to collecting facts, logically determining the root cause, and identifying the simplest solution.
- Drives collaboration across the team.
- Data driven and proven ability to draw insights & recommendations.
- Experience successfully objection handling and negotiating.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- The ability to build and present impactful presentations to customers.
- Experience with various CRM systems.
- Strong prospecting, negotiating and closing skills.
- Self-motivated, strong organisational and time management skills.
- PowerPoint skills and ability to create presentations.
- Basic to intermediate excel skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation including generous paid parental leave
- Allocated training budget
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Fantastic team culture
- Free health insurance, educational assistance program, dental and vision subsidies
From the moment that you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your employment experience an awesome and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, then apply and send us your CV!